In this article you will learn,
1. Mono vs Dual channel calls
2. Player: Moments
3. Player Features
Mono vs Dual Channel Calls
The interaction on the call details page is displayed via the Visual Player. Depending on the integration setup, call recordings will be displayed as a single channel track (agent and customer audio on the same channel) or dual-channel tracks (agent audio and customer audio are broken up).
Example of a single channel call in Observe.AI
Example of a dual channel call in Observe.AI
Moments are shown throughout the recording. If a moment is selected on the recording, the following occurs:
- The recording will fast forward to the point in time when the moment was tagged
- Transcription will scroll to the point in time when the moment was tagged
- The words or phrases detected will be highlighted.
Note: Machine Learning Moments will not highlight words or phrases. They use artificial intelligence versus Moments created by users where words or phrases are manually added, commonly called “Keyword Search” Moments.
The call has the following features:
1. Play: Ability to play or pause the recording
2. Speed Up: Ability to speed up recording 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, or 2x.
3. Download: Ability to download the recording (will download in .mp3 format)
4. Collapse: Ability to view the recording in collapsed mode, without moments or broken up by channels.
Player features in Observe.AI